Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

>Where were you on 9/11?

>Gosh can you believe how much time has passed? No matter how much time passes we will never forget.

Where were you on 9/11?
I remember the day so clearly like it was just yesterday. At the time I was working in Long Island City, NY. The morning of 9/11 was just like any other day. Woke up, took the train into work. I was listening to Culture Club that morning on my walkman. Once I got to work everything was just like any other day until a coworker of mine who was out in the hall on their cell phone came running in. You were able to see the twin towers from the hallway. He said a plane had crashed. Moments later I was on the computer to see what had happened.

My boss let us leave at 3pm that day. It was a long day. Getting home was longer. Luckily there was a bus that went near my house and I didn't have to take the trains. But everyone was really reaaly sad and just in shock. The buses were packed. There were many people on the streets needing help on how to find there way home. Then there were many people willing to help them find there way.

Upon going hom I just watched the news for hours on end. I did not go to work the following day. I felt sad. I felt sad for all those people who lost their lives. I felt sad for all the people who lost a loved one. I felt sad for this country. Where would it go from there?

I remember the next day the newspapers had photos of people jumping out of the buildings. It was really disturbing.

So today- Take a moment to think about 9/11 and all the people that were effected from that day. This is a day that everyone in this world was effected one way or another. For New Yorkers, it really hit home. Take a moment and be thankful for all the people that helped that day, all the people who gave their lives to save someone elses. Be thankful for the police, the firefighters, the american red cross, and everyone that helped out that day. Keep your thoughts and prayers with them and all the people who lost their lives or lost the life of a loved one that day.

* 9-11 Never Forger! ! ! *

1 comment:

  1. >I can't believe it was 8 years ago. Sad. Prayers to the families.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Please leave a comment to post your thoughts