Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

>Help Defeat Hunger

>If you don't go on to read the rest of this blog, before you leave can you please just leave a comment. ShopRite and General Mills will donate 1 box of cereal to a foodbank in ShopRite's trading area for the first 30 people who comment on this post.

Blogging is more that just writing about your own life and experiences.It is more than just reviews and giveaways. Sure I love them things. It makes blogging fun. However, sometimes blogging can be used to help others. I recently joined a campaign called "Bog It Forward to Fight World Hunger." I was offered the opportunity to use my blog for the greater good- helpting people by writing about fighting world hunger. If all of us just do a little, it will be a lot.

All of you surely know what it is like to feel hungry. it's uncomfortable,often painful and I know personally I rush to get something in my stomach to make them feelings go away. Imagine not having anything to put in your stomach. Imagine that feeling of hunger, pain and discomfort lasting hours, days or even weeks. Gosh, I can not even imagine. Luckily at this point in my life I dont have to worry about experiencing that. But you never know what tomorrow will bring. You do not know what the future holds. For that, I am always greatful for what I have today. And for that I feel the need to help others.

General Mills and ShopRite wull donate one box of cereal to a foodbank in ShopRites trade area for the first 30 people who comment on this post. So please, please comment. It won't cost you a penny to help.

Did you know?
* There are more than 36 million americans that are unsure of when their next meal will be.
* There are more than 12 million children growing up hungry. This causes many comlications to their development.

What is the solution?
ShopRite's Partnes in Caring Program is a year round program to fight hunger. The program services food pantries, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, child care centers, battered women's shelters, senior programs, drug rehab centers, programs for the metally and physically disabled, anfter school programs and more.

The ShopRite's Parnters and Care program works with over 50 food manufacturers to help defeat hunger. The program was founded 10 years ago, in 1999 and has already donated $20 million to more than 1400 organizations in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. For more information Cick Here.

How can you help?
* Leave a comment!
* Shop at your local ShopRite and purchase products from the ShopRite Partners in Caring shelf tag. The manufacturers of them items make a donation to the program.
* make a donation. $1 donation purchases $10 of food from a local food bank.
* Volunter in your community. People often feel charitable during holiday seasons. The truth is their are people hungry all year round.

For more information or to make a donation please visit the ShopRite Partners in Caring Program

And Again, General Mills and ShopRite wull donate one box of cereal to a foodbank in ShopRites trade area for the first 30 people who comment on this post. So please, please comment. It won't cost you a penny to help.

28 comments:

  1. >I am honored to be able to help you!@SereneMoments

    ReplyDelete
  2. >I am glad to help you out. I hope you get the 30 comments? Do they all have to be from different people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Well, I hope they don't. I am having a giveaway if you want to hop on over and enter.http://lovemy2dogs.blogspot.com/2009/08/woot-its-giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. >How coool! Go ShopRite and General Mills (big lucky charms fan here)

    ReplyDelete
  5. >It is so sad that so many people around the world go hungry! I think we all need to do whatever we can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. >Love to help! I am at www.mommywords.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. >Thanks for this opportunity to help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. >This is an awesome cause! I wish we had a ShopRite near us, but we don't. Good luck on your campaign here. ~Lynn W

    ReplyDelete
  9. >good luck!! hope you reach 30jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. >With all the wealth in America it is so sad people go hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. >Great idea!I hope we will see more of them in the future! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. >You should have no problem getting those 30 comments for such a great cause. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. >Hope you get the comments you need, but I am sure you will!

    ReplyDelete
  14. >Food is a right not a privilege. I donate as often as possible to my local food bank. Thanks for working to fight hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. >GOOD LUCK, YOU ONLY HAVE A COUPLE MORE TO GO!!! GREAT CAUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. >Thanks for working to fight for people without one of the most basic human needs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. >You are almost there. I am going to tweet for ya! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. >#29! YOU JUST NEED ONE MORE ! GOOD LUCKLOVE LAURA!

    ReplyDelete
  19. >What a great project for an even greater cause! I am happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  20. >CONGRATS ON FINALLY MAKING 30! LOVE LAURA

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Please leave a comment to post your thoughts