Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

>The Frustrations OF Babies R Us

>Everyone thought that I was nuts that I wanted to get my crib last month. They said isn't it too early? Why do you want to go now? You still have time.
Well sadly, thanks to Babies R Us I can tell everyone - Told you so! At first my reason for getting the crib so early was so Samantha (2 1/2) can get used to it. I want her to know she cannot tamper with it. I want to teach her not to throw toys in it. The same with the car seat. Everything is such a big adjustment for her that I want her to start getting used to it now.

Well, Babies R Us gave me more reason to buy things way in advance of when I need them. The crib we purchased was in stock the day we got it. Then 2 weeks later we went to get it, it was supposedly damaged. In other words- they sold it to someone else. So we worked things out, a different crib with free delivery and assembly. You can read more about it here



So the crib and mattress was supposed to be delivered on the Saturday that just passed. We got a phone call in the morning and they gave us a time frame. The delivery would be between 2 and 6. It sucked it was such a beautiful day and we had to stay home. We made the best of it. Samantha rode her bike and roller skated out front as we waited for the delivery.



Then 5 o' clock came. We get a phone call. Not from Babies R Us but from the delivery assembly service. They tell us that they are at Babies R Us and they are being told that the crib is damaged. Hubby and I went nuts. We ended up driving down to Babies R Us and confronting the whole situation. We spent a total of about 8 hours trying to work this out in total so far. So they say we will throw in the mattress. We still are not satisfied. So then my husband says how about a glider. They said they can do it. But we will have to wait and see if that comes. We have a whole setup, a crib, a mattress and a glider, but yet we have nothing. They promised delivery and setup on Saturday before 12. I guess we will have to see what happens.



But all in all, I don't care what they throw in, I am extremely dissatisfied with Babies R Us. I am just glad I trusted my gut and went earlier to buy the crib. hopefully we will get it before the baby comes (June 7th). We will see what happens this Saturday.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Please leave a comment to post your thoughts