Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

>Holiday Train Show at The New York Botanical Garden

>I was fortunate to have the opportunity to take my family to The Holiday Train Show at The New York Botanical Gardens. The Holiday Train Show consists of replicas of buildings and landmarks around New York. They are made from all natural materials such as plants and twigs. According to the NYBG there are "140 landmark buildings constructed entirely of natural materials: nuts, tree bark, fruits, pinecones, and leaves, housed within the warmth of the historic Enid A. Haupt Conservatory."










Pro's: I am glad that we went. It was really an awesome display. The art of it was beautiful and it was amazing how much detail there were to the buildings and landmarks. We were lucky the day we went my daughters got to take a picture with Thomas the Train after the Holiday Train Show. My husband was able to wait on line for Thomas while I waited in the auditorium with the girls. They were playing Thomas shows in the auditorium and giving out Tattoo's, Coloring Sheets and stickers.








Cons's: We went 2:30, which I guess would be considered one of the more busier times. The wait to get in was tedious and it was so crowded. The Enid A Haupt Conservatory definitely had a warmth to it. Actually it was really hot. Stollers are not permitted, which is a good thing. With how crowded it was, that would have made it worst. Madeline may be only 7 months but she is heavy, especially holding her for such long periods of time. Then Samantha, my 3 year old was tired of the wait and walking. It felt like Thomas the train was on the other side of the garden. Then when we got there it was a half hour wait to take a picture with him.

Conclusion: In all honesty, it was a once in a lifetime experience. I really do not see us going there ever again unless by chance it was guaranteed to be empty. Then I would definitely. Honestly, I do not think I would recomend it.
                                         


* All the opionions in this post are mine, I was not compensated in any way for this review. It is just a family experience that we had and I wanted to share.

2 comments:

I love feedback. Please leave a comment to post your thoughts