Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

>Fun Family Vacation Activities Your Kids Will Love

>Twittermoms and Williamsburg tourism introduced a fun new blogging program which asks you to write about "Five Fun Family Vacation Activities Your Kids Will Love." Click Here to go to the discussion page.

I live in New York. As a child most of my vacations consisted of going with my Grandparents to the Pocono's during the summer. My mom and dad were never one for getaways. A big day trip for my family (mom, dad and brother) was going to the racetrack. Yea... So when it comes to vacations and life in general I want to show my kids everything. Right now is not a feasible time to go on a real vacation (I have a baby due in about 3 weeks) but we will still have plenty of summer vacation activities. I will be off from work the entire summer, wohoo!

So here are some Fun Family Vacation Activities Your Kids Will Love~ I know mine does...

1- Zoo's and Aquariums: In New York, there are plenty. There is the Bronx Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, and Queens Zoo. Then there is the New York Aquarium and Atlantis Aquarium. My favorites are the Bronx Zoo and Atlantis Aquarium. Zoo's and Aquariums are a lot of fun and very educational. During the summer months they host a lot of events for children.

2- Museums: Not only are Museums educational and fun but on the hot hot days, a place to stay cool. In New York, there are many museums. You have a huge selection. My favorite by far is the Museum of Natural History. This picure was taken at the NY Hall of Science.


3- Amusement Parks: Amusement Parks are always fun for kids. My daughter absolutely loves Adventureland located in Long Island. It is fun to just watch her go on the same ride over and over and wonder how she does not get sick of it.

4- The Beach: I enjoy cool evenings at the beach the best. I love that I don't have to worry so much about the sun. But we go during days too and have a good time. Bring some food and drinks, plenty of sunblock and umbrella's.

5- Botanical Gardens: I love the botanical Gardens. Mostly we go to the Queens of Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. It is educational, gets your kids in touch with nature and you get the most awesome pictures. I love taking pictures of my daughter with the flowers or just walking through the grass. It is amazingly peaceful (even with a 2 1/2 yo).


Have a Fun and Safe Summer from my family to yours!

Fun Family Vacation Activitiesif (WIDGETBOX) WIDGETBOX.renderWidget('41ad4807-34ce-4f9b-ae8d-8a89aab9902a');Visit WilliamsburgGet the The TwitterMoms Travel Channel widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info)


“I wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” (include this link:http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/share-5-fun-family-vacation)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Please leave a comment to post your thoughts