Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Life's Lessons

The biggest lessons I have learned in life, I learned from having kids. Children are a true blessing. Everyday is an adventure. There is no book that teaches you what to do. I learned a lot about myself and life. Here are just a couple of things:

I am strong! My strength has been put to the test, I learned that I am a strong woman. Much stonger than I ever realized. I experienced a miscarriage during my first pregnancy. I will never let the emotions go but I have learned to deal with the emotions that I have. After that I conceived 2 beautiful daughters.  Both pregnancies and deliveries were nerve wrecking.  I made it through both of them. As scared as I was I was able to stay strong.

Choose your battles. I practice this everyday with my husband and my children. Some things you have to learn to just let go. Life is not that serious and it is too short to be mad all the time.

Respect. Sometimes people discount childresn feelings. They are little people and they have feelings. It is harder for them to deal with their feelings then it is for us to deal with ours. They have not yet learned how to. I learned that if you treat your child with respect. If you have open ears and open arms they will respect you.

Germs are okay. Knock on wood, my children rarely get sick. I am very lucky. In all honesty I think it is because I expose them to germs. A lot of moms probably just gasped. I let my soon to be one year old on the floor in the yar. she plays with dirt and here comes another gasp.. I even had to scoop grass out of her mouth a couple times. I know some moms that when their child touches anything they bring out the baby wipes. I have never been that kind of mom. I always thought of germs as a way to build my childrens immunity. It seems to be working. My 3 year old was sick once since September. (Knock on wood)

Most importantly I learned that you can never stop learning. It is important to keep an open mind and an open heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback. Please leave a comment to post your thoughts